Aller au contenu

FS-2004-crash with Bale Mulhouse and UTE

Messages recommandés

Hello all here!

I've just downloaded your new scenery LFSB from simMarket - good, you have done this particular airport (finally :wink:) - for a review with FS MAGAZIN. Very well made scenery - congratulations!

Unfortunately I cannot access the airport because when trying to get there via the airport menu FS 2004 crashes every time at 60 percent load.

I've found out that is messing up with Ultimate Terrain Europe (UTE) part 6. Please tell me which file(s) of neither LFSB or Ultimate Terrain Europa have to be made inactive to ensure compatibility and to avoid crashes in the future.

Edit started at Saturday, August 7th, 2010, 13:05 local:

Responsible for the crashes are among this files inside the FS 2004 folder ...\scenery\UTEur6\scenery:

F1950150-0001.bgl

F1959150-0007.bgl

F1950150-1011.bgl

F1950150-1717.bgl

F2949150-0607.bgl

F2949150-1011.bgl

F2949150-1617.bgl

The crashes are gone after I've moved them into the folder ...\UTEur6\backup. Have o leave now - no time left for further checks.

EDIT END

A second problem... All vehicles, containers, stairs and the wheels of the jetways are sunk (deeply) into the surface of the apron(s). The airplanes I've used so far - as well as all AI planes - are standing stabil in normal and slew modes without any sinking in at indicated 888,8 feet.

Any idea here? FS Global 2010 is installed...

Thanks a lot in advance - kindly yours...

Bert Groner

FS MAGAZIN

www.fsmagazin.de

P.S. Is there a chance to get approach light systems in 3D as you've made the PAPIs here?

Hi Jean-Marc!

Yes, I have this particular file in eurw\scenery.

After I've disabled it for a test there is no change while starting FS 2004 and/or the sunk things on the ground/apron like you see this here:

LFSB.jpg

I've just found out that the crashes are due to the F2*.* files mentioned above. Will check now which file is responsible.

Best Regards - beste Grüsse!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

www.fsmagazin.de

Hello Alain!

Good idea - will look for an other LFSB-AFCAD.

By the way: The - only - UTE "LFSB crash file" (on my computer) is

F2949150-0607.bgl

all other are without problems. Can anyone confirm this please? If so France VFR should take care for inactivating this file while installing LFSB please.

Thanks!

Bert

Hi Alain and all readers!

Originator of the "sinking" problem is the file

lfsb.bgl

which is to be found inside of

CHPRO\CHPRO9_APTS\scenery

when Switzerland Professional has been installed. Thanks for reminding me about it, Alain! The remaining altitude is stil 888.8 feet on my pc but this is not a problem...

As I wonder who's not (!) installed this scenery I really wonder why this didn't took attraction by the beta testers. Or did it?

A word to the makers: Normal users - (sometimes) not editors of a professional journal like the FS MAGAZIN - will be for sure swamped by both presented problems which will cause frustration about the purchase and get France VFR bad rated.

But as both cases are foreseeable and France VFR can do it much better (it's proven already several times) I deeply encourage the designers to take that into account in the future. You're doing no "stand alones" (at least not in Europe with lots of sceneries around) developments - please ensure compatibilities.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

www.fsmagazin.de

You're welcome, Bert.

The problem is we cannot ensure full compatibility with each and every existing scenery (which sometimes are not compatible together yet !). So we first work on franceVFR product compatibility ! Then if we can manage with some other products, we do. But each config is a unique one !

So we prefer to be aware and are allways willing to help the customers to figure out their own compatibility issues.

Hello Alain!

I stand at your side and understand clearly that compatibility cannot ensured for every (!) scenery. But (!) it is for sure possible concerning major ones like the mentioned Ultimate Terrain and Switzerland Professional because nearly every pc pilot is using them. Am I right here? No doubt about ist - of course I am :-)

In our case here I'm very glad to help some pc pilots and France VFR solving problems as LSFB is a good piece of software.

Are you in touch with Oliver Pabst to equip the scenery with AES?

Take care!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

www.fsmagazin.de

Bonsoir,

ça ne se passe pas trop mal à la frontière franco-suisse... :-)

3blemulhouse.jpg

A part les champs que les Suisses ne veulent toujours pas labourer ! :D

4blemulhouse.jpg

Enfin, il a quand même fallu faire intervenir "les Nations unies"...

Malgré l'addon "Switzerland_Version 1" édition 2004, et en supprimant le fichier LFSB.cfg de "Airport", le séisme local est résorbé !

5blemulhouse.jpg

Le reste est acceptable...Voyez vous même :

6blemulhouse.jpg

Sans la Suisse !!! :cry:

7blemulhouse.jpg

Ouai...! "Y a pu qu'a" demander à FVFR de nous faire la Suisse "en vrai" !!!! :wink:

A demain.